The most connected lighting control system now offers more range and sensing capabilities
Coopersburg, PA – Caséta by Lutron, the industry’s most connected smart lighting control system, now offers more features than ever before. Lutron Electronics, the global leader in lighting and shading controls, is announcing the addition of the Caséta Smart Motion Sensor and the Caséta Repeater.
The Caséta Smart Motion Sensor
Perfect for bathrooms, laundry rooms, hallways, garages, or any room where a sensor would add hands-free control, the new freestanding Caséta Smart Motion Sensor offers another option to control lights and Lutron Serena shades wirelessly. Its features include:
- Sensing and smart control – the sensor can automatically turn Caséta smart devices on when you enter a room and off when you leave.
- Versatile power – one sensor can control any number of Caséta smart switches, dimmers, fan controls, and Serena smart shades within up to 60 feet.
- Breakthrough sensing technology – detects fine motion three times better than the competition, with 180-degree field of view.
- Flexible installation – the sensor is wireless, so you can mount it to a wall or corner or place it freestanding on a flat surface. With Lutron sensing technology, tricky angles are not a problem.
- Customizable lighting levels – set your desired level for each device controlled by the sensor.
- 10-year typical battery life – three times longer than other leading motion-sensor brands.
- Title 24 compliant – vacancy-only models available to meet residential energy code requirements in California.
The Caséta Repeater
Ideal for homes that need extra range for unique room layouts, non-centrally-located Caséta smart bridges, and unusually dense stone or concrete walls, the new Caséta Repeater expands system range by 60 feet when placed within 60 feet of a Caséta Smart Bridge. And there’s no ethernet connection needed; just plug the repeater into any outlet, and you’re all set.
In addition, the repeater also works in conjunction with the Caséta Plug-in Dimmer, which also functions as a repeater.
Caséta now includes multi-home support – perfect for customers with Caséta systems in more than one home – and works with up to 75 devices.
The Caséta Smart Motion Sensor and Caséta Repeater will be available online at Amazon, Home Depot, Lowe’s, and other retailers, as well as at electrical distributors. The sensor and repeater have suggested retail prices of $49.95 and $74.95, respectively. Both products will be available in white at the beginning of February.
Visit casetawireless.com to learn more.
About Lutron Electronics (www.lutron.com):
Founded in 1961, lighting and shading control leader Lutron Electronics is headquartered in Coopersburg, Pennsylvania. From dimmers for the home, to smart lighting management systems for entire buildings, the company offers more than 15,000 products, sold in more than 100 countries. In the US alone, Lutron products save an estimated 10 billion kWh of electricity, or approximately $1 billion in utility costs per year. The company’s early inventions— including the first solid-state electronic dimmer invented by Lutron’s founder, Joel Spira—are now at the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History in Washington, DC.